This privacy notice informs you of what data we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it, so you can be confident that your personal data is safe and secure.
Lean Education and Development Limited is registered with the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) and is
committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, please be assured that it will only be used in accordance with the current Data Protection Act 2018 and this privacy notice.
How do we receive your information?
We may receive information about you in the following ways:
- When you contact us directly, normally via our website, this may be to make an enquiry or any other request.
- Occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass to us information about you.
Learners and Employers
Lean Education and Development Ltd act as a controller and a processor of learner data. Most of the data we hold on learners will be sent to the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) acting on behalf of the Department for Education (DfE) in accordance with our legal duties, and contractual obligations with the ESFA.
How do we use your information?
We make use of this data to perform our primary task which is providing education and training. In general, this applies to personal data you provide to us to process your application and if enrolled, to monitor performance. Some personal data is required to fulfil our legal obligations for funding eligibility criteria. We will use your
information to understand your needs in order to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide or manage any information, products and services for which you have requested
- To help us identify you when you contact us
- For general administrative purposes
- To carry out analysis and customer profiling
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We do not share your data with any third parties with the exception of:
- When we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes
- In the event that we need to progress existing or future legal proceedings
- In the prevention of fraud/loss, for example the need to transfer your data to fraud protection agencies.
- In the event of a disclosure/serious breach of Health and Safety Law or Safeguarding/Prevent where we would be obliged to inform the relevant authorities.
- If one of these organisations is outside of the European Economic Area we will make sure they agree to apply the same level of protection to your information as we are required to apply in the UK.
Informing you about our products and services:
We may use your information to contact you with Lean Education And Development Limited news which may be of interest to you and occasionally for market research purposes. We may contact you by post and phone and, if you give us your prior agreement to do so, by email, SMS and other electronic means.
You can opt out from receiving marketing communications from us by ticking the appropriate box (if providing your information on this website) or at any time by calling us on 01562 884872, or by writing to us at:
Lean Education And Development Limited,
Units 4/5 Hagley Mews,
Hall Drive, Hagley,
Stourbridge. DY9 9LQ.
You can also contact us at the above address or telephone number if you have previously asked not to receive marketing communications but would now like to hear from us with news on products and services.
We will only send you marketing communications by email or other electronic means if you give us your
agreement to do so. For example, we may inform you that when providing your email address, you will be
indicating your agreement to receive marketing emails. If you give us your agreement and subsequently wish to opt out, you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails or you can contact us at any time at the address or telephone number above.
We try to keep our website secure. However, we ask you to recognise that when providing your information to us through our website or when you send us, or ask us to send you, any of your confidential information by email, that the internet and email communications over the internet may not be secure. We cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
Our website may contain links to other websites outside of Lean Education And Development Limited.
Providing information to us
You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details, such as a change of address. You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you by contacting us.
Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) Privacy Notice
The ESFA is responsible for funding education and skills in England for children, young people and adults. It is also responsible for delivery of key services in the education and skills sector in England including the apprenticeship service, the provision of information, advice and guidance through the National Careers Service, and the Learning Records Service. We may use your personal information in our delivery of this work.
Further information about how the ESFA access to your personal data, details of organisations with whom the ESFA regularly share data, information about how long the ESFA retain your data, and how to change your consent to being contacted, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/esfa-privacy-notice/education-and-skills-funding-agency-privacy-notice-may-2018
Learner Records Service (LRS) Privacy Notice
The information you supply is used by the Learning Records Service (LRS). The LRS issues Unique Learner Numbers (ULN) and creates Personal Learning records across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and is operated by the Education and Skills Funding Agency, an executive agency of the Department for Education https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/lrs-privacy-notices
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that web sites often store on the computer hard drives of visitors to their sites. They are widely used in order to make web sites work, or work better, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. A cookie often contains a unique number, which can be used to recognise your computer when a user of your computer returns to a website that it visited previously.
Types of cookies
There are two broad types of cookies – ‘first party cookies’ and ‘third party cookies’:
- First party cookies are cookies that are served directly by the website operator to your computer and are often used to recognise your computer when it revisits that site and to remember your preferences as you browse the site.
- Third party cookies are served by a service provider on behalf of the website operator and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer when it visits other web sites. Third party cookies are most commonly used for web site analytics or advertising purposes.
- In addition, cookies may be either ‘session cookies’ or ‘persistent cookies. Your computer automatically removes session cookies once you close your browser. Persistent cookies will survive on your computer until an expiry date specified in the cookie itself, is reached.
Changing your cookie preferences
The “Help” menu in the toolbar of most web browsers will tell you how to change your browser’s cookie settings, including how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies
altogether. An online guide is available if you have difficulties trying to change your browser settings.
Further information about cookies and how to control their use is available from All About Cookies and Your Online Choices.
You have a right to ask what information we hold about you. You also have the right to request we destroy any information held about you. We will only use your data on the basis of consent to send you information about products and services you may be interested in, or to use your image on our website or marketing materials we will always ask for clear affirmative consent. You can withdraw consent at anytime by contacting the Data Protection Officer below:
Access your information (make a Subject Access Request)
You have a right to request a copy of the information that we hold on you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your information, please email email@example.com or write to:
Data Protection Officer
Lean Education And Development Limited,
Units 4/5 Hagley Mews,
Hall Drive, Hagley,
Stourbridge, DY9 9LQ.
LEAD Ltd will respond to a written Subject Access Request promptly and always within 40 calendar days of
We aim for the highest standards when collecting and using personal data. If you would like to complain please see our full ‘Appeals, Complaints and Compliments Policy’.
Complain to the Information Commissioner (ICO)
If you believe that we have not complied with data protection law, you can complain to the Information